Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wedding Planning

Tad and I have been engaged for almost a month now and have a tremendous amount of planning already done, all thanks to my mom. Right away she jumped in and started doing research for us. She, thus far, has kept a perfect balance of being involved and providing suggestions, but also letting us make the decisions. She's made me a wedding planning binder, collected a couple bridal books, and is making me a scrapbook of our engagement and wedding planning time.

Here's all that we've accomplished in the last 4 weeks :)

We're getting married on July 23, 2011 at PLC (my home church) with a reception to follow at the Courtyard by Marriott in Rancho Bernardo. Since PLC doesn't have any outdoor place to take pictures, we're using the duck pond right by the Marriott. I have asked Raelene to be my maid of honor and Becky and Krista to be my bridesmaids. Tad has asked his best friend JC to be best man (ironically JC is getting married two months after us, and Tad will be in his wedding party), his roommate Nate to be a groomsman and will ask my brother Stephen to be a groomsman.

I have my dress. I'm absolutely in love with it!!! My mom and I found it on our first day shopping. We went first to the shop where she bought hers, a place in La Mesa called Amour. I tried on several dresses there and really liked one of them. We were all set to buy that one after looking at another couple shops. We looked at a secondhand place which had beautiful dresses that weren't any cheaper than the brand new ones. On a whim, we decided to go to one more store before deciding on the dress I loved.

There's a place called Here Comes the Bride across the freeway from my condo. We wandered in, without an appointment, and were helped by this delightful lady named Jeanie. She was so helpful and sweet. I tried on 5 dresses there, and knew right away when I tried my dress on. It is modern, sophisticated, and very me, and that's all I will say before the wedding :D

We've also ordered our cake topper, booked our DJ and photographer and are looking at florists. We've picked purple, yellow, and silver for our colors.

As I said, we've got quite a bit done for the amount of time we've been engaged, and I'm loving every minute of planning! :)

2 comments:

  1. Heehee.... So you spell groom'sman with an apostrophe but not bride'smaid? ;D

    I'd love to hear what flowers you pick when you're done. I love purple and yellow!!!

    I'm glad you've found the perfect dress. My dress-shopping was not my favorite experience. I was going for cheap instead of perfect. Man, do I regret it. :(

    So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL good point about groom'sman, apparently I didn't proofread this, I see other typos. I think I was tired when I typed this :P

    I will definitely let you know about the flowers. Do you have any suggestions? We've talked about purple and whtie for my bouquet and yellow for my bridesmaids' bouquets. The only thing I know for sure is that I want roses in mine :)

    ReplyDelete